Pulmonary hypertension (pH)-related hospitalizations in the United States have increased in recent decades, and pH-related mortality in older individuals has accelerated more rapidly than in younger groups.
- Sikachi R.R.
- Sahni S.
- Mehta D.
- et al.
Nationwide trends in inpatient admissions of pulmonary hypertension in the United States from 2000 to 2013.
Adv Respir Med. 2017; 85: 77-86
2Until 2010, older individuals had higher mortality rates compared to younger individuals, but to our knowledge, no new data has been reported. Therefore, we aimed to characterize the changing mortality rates between 2004 and 2019, as delineated by age group.
- George M.G.
- Schieb L.J.
- Ayala C.
- et al.
Pulmonary hypertension surveillance United States, 2001 to 2010.
Chest. 2014; 146: 476-495
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to The American Journal of the Medical Sciences
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Nationwide trends in inpatient admissions of pulmonary hypertension in the United States from 2000 to 2013.Adv Respir Med. 2017; 85: 77-86
- Pulmonary hypertension surveillance United States, 2001 to 2010.Chest. 2014; 146: 476-495
Multiple Cause of Death 1999-2019, CDC WONDER online database. (2023) https://wonder.cdc.gov/mcd-icd10.html.
- A global view of pulmonary hypertension.Lancet Respir Med. 2016; 4: 306-322
- Pulmonary arterial hypertension: updates in epidemiology and evaluation of patients.Am J Manag Care. 2021; 27 (Suppl): S35-S41
Published online: February 22, 2023
Accepted: February 6, 2023
Received: September 14, 2022
© 2023 Published by Elsevier Inc. on behalf of Southern Society for Clinical Investigation.