Pancreatic malignancies can be divided into endocrine and exocrine processes. Of the exocrine malignancies, ductal carcinoma is the most common and can be further subclassified into adenocarcinoma, adenosquamous and squamous cell carcinoma. Squamous cell carcinoma of the pancreas is extremely rare with most of its literature presented in the form of case reports. We report a case of squamous cell carcinoma of the pancreas with an atypical presentation.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to The American Journal of the Medical Sciences
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Squamous cell carcinoma of the pancreas. Report of an unusual case and review of the literature.Dig Dis Sci. 1992; 37: 312-318
- Pancreatic squamous cell carcinoma: a population-based study of epidemiology, clinicopathologic characteristics and outcomes.Pancreas. 2016; 45: 1432-1437
- Primary squamous cell carcinoma of the pancreas: a report of two cases and review of the literature.Intern Med. 2015; 54: 1357-1359
- Primary squamous cell carcinoma of the pancreas: a case report and review of the literature.J Med Case Rep. 2012; 6: 295
- Squamous cell carcinoma of the pancreas.J Clin Gastroenterol. 2005; 39: 915-919
- Squamous cell carcinoma of the pancreas presenting with upper gastrointestinal bleeding.Am Surg. 2012; 78: E284-E285
- Paraneoplastic leukemoid reaction in pancreatic cancer: a case report.World J Gastrointest Oncol. 2015; 7: 259-262
Published online: February 18, 2017
Accepted: January 30, 2017
Received in revised form: January 20, 2017
Received: December 11, 2016
☆The authors have no financial or other conflicts of interest to disclose.
© 2017 Southern Society for Clinical Investigation. Published by All rights reserved.