Key Indexing Terms
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to The American Journal of the Medical Sciences
- Prevalence of reduced estimated glomerular filtration rate among the oldest old from 1988–1994 through 2005–2010.JAMA. 2013; 310: 1284-1286
- Prevalence of chronic kidney disease in the United States.JAMA. 2007; 298: 2038-2047
- Age-specific associations of reduced estimated glomerular filtration rate with concurrent chronic kidney disease complications.Clin J Am Soc Nephrol. 2011; 6: 2822-2828
- Metabolic complications in elderly adults with chronic kidney disease.J Am Geriatr Soc. 2012; 60: 310-315
- Age and association of kidney measures with mortality and end-stage renal disease.JAMA. 2012; 308: 2349-2360
- Age-specific association of reduced estimated glomerular filtration rate and albuminuria with all-cause mortality.Clin J Am Soc Nephrol. 2011; 6: 2200-2207
- Community mobility among older adults with reduced kidney function: a study of life-space.in: Am J Kidney Dis. 2013: S0272-S6386 (01114–1)
- Impact ofchronic kidney disease on activities of daily living in community-dwelling older adults.J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci. 2011; 66: 689-694
- KDIGO 2012 clinical practice guidelines for the evaluation and management of chronic kidney disease.Kidney Int Suppl. 2013; 3: 1-150
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention; National Center for Health Statistics. National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey Questionnaire. http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nhanes/nhanes_questionnaires.htm. Accessed December 10, 2012.
- Calibration of serum creatinine in the National Health and Nutrition Examination Surveys (NHANES) 1988–1994, 1999–2004.Am J Kidney Dis. 2007; 50: 918-926
- A new equation to estimate glomerular filtration rate.Ann Intern Med. 2009; 150: 604-612
United States Department of Commerce. The United States Census Bureau 2012 National Population Projections: Summary Tables. Available at: www.census.gov/population/projections/data/national/2012/summarytables.html. Accessed December 20, 2012.
- Calibration and random variation of the serum creatinine assay as critical elements of using equations to estimate glomerular filtration rate.Am J Kidney Dis. 2002; 39: 920-929
- Rates of treated and untreated kidney failure in older vs younger adults.JAMA. 2012; 307: 2507-2515
- Mortality risk stratification in chronic kidney disease: one size for all ages?.J Am Soc Nephrol. 2006; 17: 846-853
- Managing older adults with CKD: individualized versus disease-based approaches.Am J Kidney Dis. 2012; 59: 293-302
- Longitudinal progression trajectory of GFR among patients with CKD.Am J Kidney Dis. 2012; 59: 504-512
- Trajectories of kidney function decline in the 2 years before initiation of long-term dialysis.Am J Kidney Dis. 2012; 59: 513-522
- Two novel equations to estimate kidney function in persons age 70 years or older.Ann Intern Med. 2012; 157: 471-481
Support was provided through National Institute on Aging (R03AG042336–01), the T. Franklin Williams Scholarship Award (funding provided by Atlantic Philanthropies, Inc, the John A. Hartford Foundation, the Association of Specialty Professors, the American Society of Nephrology and the American Geriatrics Society) and the Veterans Health Administration Clinical Science Research & Development (1IK2CX000856-01A1).
The authors have no financial or other conflicts of interest to disclose.
Supplemental digital content is available for this article. Direct URL citations appear in the printed text and are provided in the HTML and PDF versions of this article on the journal's Web site (www.amjmedsci.com).