Materials and Methods
Keying Indexing Terms
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to The American Journal of the Medical Sciences
- Global trends in the distribution of Candida species causing candidemia.Clin Microbiol Infect. 2014; 20: 5-10
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Antibiotic resistance threats in the United States, 2013. Atlanta (GA): US Department of Health and Human Services, CDC; 2013. Available at: http://www.cdc.gov/drugresistance/threat-report-2013/index.html. Accessed 28.07.15.
- Candida infections, causes, targets, and resistance mechanisms: traditional and alternative antifungal agents.Biomed Res Int. 2013; 2013 (Article ID 204237)
- Candida glabrata fungemia: experience in a tertiary care center.Clin Infect Dis. 2005; 41: 975-981
- Current epidemiology of Candida infection.Clin Microbiol Newsletter. 2014; 36: 131-136
- Species identification and antifungal susceptibility testing of Candida bloodstream isolates from population-based surveillance studies in two U.S. cities from 2008 to 2011.J Clin Microbiol. 2012; 50: 3435-3442
- Variation in susceptibility of bloodstream isolates of Candida glabrata to fluconazole according to patient age and geographic location.J Clin Microbiol. 2003; 41: 2176-2179
- Variation in susceptibility of bloodstream isolates of Candida glabrata to fluconazole according to patient age and geographic location in the United States in 2001 to 2007.J Clin Microbiol. 2009; 47: 3185-3190
- The changing epidemiology of healthcare-associated candidemia over three decades.Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis. 2012; 73: 45-48
- Frequency of decreased susceptibility and resistance to echinocandins among fluconazole-resistant bloodstream isolates of Candida glabrata.J Clin Microbiol. 2012; 50: 1199-1203
- Increasing echinocandin resistance in Candida glabrata: clinical failure correlates with presence of FKS mutations and elevated minimum inhibitory concentrations.Clin Infect Dis. 2013; 56: 1724-1732
- Time-kill assay and Etest evaluation for synergy with polymyxin B and fluconazole against Candida glabrata.Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2014; 58: 5795-5800
- Synergy of the antibiotic colistin with echinocandin antifungals in Candida species.J Antimicrob Chemother. 2013; 68: 1285-1296
- Polymyxin B, in combination with fluconazole, exerts a potent fungicidal effect.J Antimicrob Chemother. 2010; 65: 931-938
- Synergistic fungicidal activities of polymyxin B and ionophores, and their dependence on direct disruptive action of polymyxin B on fungal vacuole.J Antibiot. 2009; 62: 81-87
- In-vitro activity of commonly used antifungal agents in the presence of rifampin, polymyxin B and norfloxacin against Candida albicans.J Chemother. 1995; 7: 525-529
- Reference Method for Broth Dilution Antifungal Susceptibility Testing of Yeasts: 4Th Informational Supplement.([CLSI document M27-S4]) CLSI, Wayne (PA)2012
- Performance Standards for Antimicrobial Susceptibility Testing: 25Th Informational Supplement.([CLSI document M100-S25]) CLSI, Wayne (PA)2015
- Reference Method for Broth Dilution Antifungal Susceptibility Testing of Yeasts: Approved Standard.3rd ed. CLSI, [CLSI document M27-A3]. Wayne (PA)2008
- Antimicrobial combinations.in: Lorian V. Antibiotics in Laboratory Medicine. 5th ed. Lippincott Williams and Wilkins, Philadelphia2005: 365-405
- Influence of test conditions on antifungal time-kill curve results: proposal for standardized methods.Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 1998; 42: 1207-1212
- Antimicrobial resistance: resistance to antifungal agents: mechanisms and clinical impact.Clin Infect Dis. 2008; 46: 120-128
- In vitro simulation of in vivo conditions: physical state of the culture medium.J Clin Microbiol. 1989; 27: 2403-2406
☆Part of this work was presented at the Southern Regional Meeting of the American Federation for Medical Research, New Orleans, LA, abstract 511, February 2015 and at Ochsner’s 12th Annual Research Day, New Orleans, LA, abstract 6, May 2015.
☆☆The authors have no financial or other conflicts of interest to disclose.